Dedicated to providing superior learning environment for students of all ages and providing a springboard to success in higher education and the world at large.
A FEW WORDS ABOUT US
Ryegate Public School, located in Ryegate, Montana, is a K-12 School delivering educational services to the community and teaching aide to the nearby Hutterite colony. The town of Ryegate, Montana has a K-12 School District delivering educational services to the community.
ABOUT OUR TOWNRyegate is the county seat of Golden Valley County. GVC is a sparsely settled county (only 1,117 people) having only two incorporated towns. Ryegate is situated on the Musselshell River and had its beginnings with the Milwaukee Railroad in 1910. When the railroad purchased the right of way they had to set aside a town site every 15-20 miles and name it. Because the town site was near a large field of rye, they named it Ryegate. The Milwaukee Railroad no longer runs through Ryegate and abandoned the tracks in 1980. Ryegate is truly a western town. Wheat, oats and barley are farmed on the bench-land south of the Musselshell River and there is also an abundance of range land as well.
THOUGHTS ON RPS
The best thing about the Ryegate School is one-on-one instruction for all students. We're an extended family." quoted in the Fergus Electric Cooperative magazine (Dec, 2014)Marsha SillivanBusiness Manager, Ryegate Public School District
Ryegate is the coolest school I've attended, and I've moved around quite a bit."Hugh ShawHigh School Student
We're all really close, and we're all here to support each other.Drahlynn LindstromMiddle School Student
Small-town life and schools give kids the gift of inner strength and confidence...Nobody falls through the cracks here.Kay KlepeyEnglish Teacher and Counselor
Montana schools provide an outstanding education in comparison with the rest of the world! According to the most recent NAEP-TIMSS linking study, Montana's average 8th grade science score is the 1st in the nation; the average 8th grade math score is 6th in the nation.
Ryegate consistently meets Annual Yearly Progress (AYP), a federal and state measure of standards, and is accredited by the Montana Office of Public Instruction at all levels.
- All teachers meet the federal standard of being "Highly Qualified Teachers."
- Montana Digital Academy is available for students desiring advanced or diversified offerings.
- Montana State University College Connection Program offers dual high school/college credit for selected online classes.
- Teacher to student ratio is 1:2-9
- All students graduate from high school prepared to enter college level or vocational preparation programs.
- Students' academic progress is measured against national norms through NWEA MAP testing, as well as state criterion referenced assessments, and students consistently maintain reasonable and adequate progress throughout the curriculum
- Cross Country
- Track & Field
- Speech & Drama
- Student Government
- Day field trips to cultural and historical sites
- Fall and Spring overnight camping trips to significant National and state locations.